Since 1984, Community Connection of Northeast Georgia has provided a “one-stop” information and referral service to individuals, families, and professionals needing help from social service agencies. The system of human and social services in northeast Georgia is complex and confusing. By dialing 2-1-1, anyone in the 14-county service area can speak to a dedicated and trained Information and Referral Specialist to obtain a referral for financial assistance, job training, childcare resources, disability services, assistance for seniors and their families, or any other social service need with a single call.
Using a database of 2,400 programs, Community Connection provided over 23,000 individuals with the information they needed. This free service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
FY 2010 Accomplishments:
- In FY10 2-1-1 Information and Referral provided over 35,000 referrals to those seeking assistance
- In FY10 2-1-1 Information and Referral responded to a total of 21,000 contacts for referrals via phone or internet.
- We continue to publish a comprehensive resource directory that lists all programs serving northeast Georgia and a Housing Services Guide.
2-1-1 Information and Referral staff are also involved with a variety of community initiatives and collaborative:
- Northeast Georgia Homeless Coalition and Homeless Resources Fairs
- Holiday Charity Coalition
- Disaster Planning
- Bilingual Outreach